Monday, March 24, 2008

Winter Back Home

A dear friend called me in Abu Dhabi last night from our home town in New Hampshire. She said the snow has been "unbelievable" this winter, even for New Hampshire. At lunchtime where she was in the northeastern USA, the temperature was 20 degrees Fahrenheit. It had been 0 degrees earlier that day.
Above is what a snowy day looks like outside my New Hampshire home.
When the sun shines after it has snowed, the woods behind our home look like a winter wonderland.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A winter wonderland indeed! What beautiful pics! I used to live in Michigan and it is so beautiful but the snow is just too cold for me.

I still love my California weather... you can wear short sleeves in the winter. Now I suffer in Cairo with its dry hot summers and super cold winters, which wouldn't be so bad if there was central heating.

Frances Gunnison said...

Dear Ilka,
What about central air? Is that used widely in Egypt? What is the temp range in summer and in winter?
The evenings are beautiful here, but it's beginning to get hot during the day.
Regards,
F.

Anonymous said...

Central air here is very uncommon, instead individual air conditioners are used (how I hate them!) In the summer it can get as hot as the UAE, in the early forties but it is dry heat. During the winter, it can get as cold as 15....if I remember correctly.