Thursday, March 27, 2008

Weather in Abu Dhabi

Above is a picture of myself and my children, on the street in front of our villa in Abu Dhabi, as we walked to the bus on the kids' first day of school last year. I chose it now because it represents typical weather at this time of year in Abu Dhabi. It's beginning to heat up here, but we know it will get much, much hotter and more humid.

Below is a typical view of the street in front of my New Hampshire home at this same time of year, after a snow storm. New Hampshire has gotten more than 102 inches of snow this year. Friends tell me that spring seems very far away in New Hampshire (below).


Can you see the Adirondack chairs M made? They're painted dark green, but are covered in snow on a wintry day in New Hampshire a few years ago.
When the snowing ends and the sun comes out, the view out the rear windows of my New Hampshire home is magnificent.Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Last Ephor said...

Hi. I'm new here so forgive me if you've posted it already. How long did it take you (collectively) to readjust to the NH climate?

Frances Gunnison said...

Dear Duffy,
Sorry to have confused you, I am still in Abu Dhabi until we move back to New Hampshire (USA) this summer.
I posted the Abu Dhabi and New Hampshire pictures to show how different the weather is is at the same time of year.
Last summer, when we were back in New Hampshire and Maine, my friends were surprised by how easily I felt cold as I had always been considered very hardy.
Have you been living in a country with a very hot climate?
Regards,
F.

Anonymous said...

Wow Frances, that view is amazing!

The Last Ephor said...

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I'm in Delaware so the hot climate thing doesn't apply. It just seems to be one extreme to the other. Summer in the UAE vs. winter in NH.

Frances Gunnison said...

Ilka,
Yes, it is very, very beautiful with a new blanket of snow on the trees and ground in New Hampshire.
Duffy,
Sorry if I'm beating dead horse, but what I was trying to show was winter in each place - Abu Dhabi and New Hampshire, US.
Regards,
F.