Monday, March 31, 2008

Horses Are Beautiful

People look at the cast on my right arm, which I broke while riding, and they ask if I will ride again.

"Of course," I usually say with a smile.

From that point, only people who love riding think I am sane. The truth is, I miss it. But this injury has been more challenging than I anticipated. So I am on the fence as to what I'll do if this cast ever comes off. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I thought I'd post a few pictures of horse shows we attended (as viewers) this year and last year. All photos were taken by M at the Abu Dhabi Equestrian Club.









Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaah now . . . you will get back on the horses again my dear! Perhaps just get on a more calm, older one. As always, your blog is well done in verse and photos ~ thanks for sharing! Love from cousin Eileen

Frances Gunnison said...

Dear Eileen,
The first horse I got on was Shannon, a beauty who belonged to your dear father. How old was I? Maybe five? That brings back great memories of visiting your home and your family.
I do want to ride again, but I don't want another injury,so if I do I'll take it very slow.
Thanks for writing,
Love,
F.

American Muslima Writer said...

I love horses too and used to ride (western style). I never fell off but my horse reared at a passing dog and though i was shaken I still rode on and it was great but I know after breaking something which limit's your life a lot of poeple no matter the sport are nervous to try again. THink basketball players who blow out their knees. I do hope you try again but maybe start from the bottom levels and work your way and your confidence up again.

Frances Gunnison said...

Okay, you two have convinced me. I called my riding teacher today and we're going to give it a go (a very slow go) sometime next week. Thanks for the vote of confidence!
F.

Anonymous said...

Frances,

Just found your blog. I'll try to track you down in person this week.

Melissa